Interested in Volunteering at Plessy?
- Volunteer in your child’s class*
- Volunteer as a reading buddy*
- Volunteer as a lunch or recess counselor*
- Volunteer as an office assistant
- Volunteer on one of our service days
Service Learning? Partner with us!
*All adults (18+) who wish to volunteer with children must have a NOPD background check completed. Background checks are valid for one year from the date stamped on it.
How to Volunteer:
- Print the NOPD Background Check Request form found here
- Bring the completed form and $5 to your local police department OR 715 Broad Street (M-F 8:00-3:30) OR to the front office here at Plessy
- Once we receive the completed background check, you may start at any time!
- If you already have a current and valid background check or if your background check is mailed back to you, please bring the original background check with you to the front office at Plessy and we will photocopy the original for our records
Not sure how to complete your background check? Want to jump in as soon as possible? Stop by our front desk and inquire about background check forms from our Administrative Team, open during normal school operating hours.
Background checks are valid for one year from their completion date. If your background check expires during your service, please renew your background check through the above process.